The position of Wire Transfer Specialist is responsible for supporting the Wire Transfer Manager in ensuring the smooth operation of the department by performing a variety of duties; conducts FundTech GFX terminal operations; processes and verifies incoming and outgoing wires; assists in the preparation and maintenance of all desk manuals and forms; originates reports specific to department needs; answers customer inquiries; distributes mail and correspondence; maintains files; and performs other duties associated with the Bank’s wire department.
- Provides support to all branches and affiliate banks where service or assistance is needed as it relates to wires.
- Prepares and verifies all incoming and outgoing wire transfers, meeting all deadlines and adhering to all policies and procedures; follows up on prepared data to ensure accuracy and a proper paper trail of all transactions.
- Balances and reconciles all logs and entries, including Federal Reserve Summary Statement to daily wire activity.
- Follows procedures for setting up new inquiry only remote users associated with the wire system.
- Follows controls in place to protect against fraudulent wire activity and unnecessary risk and exposure.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school preferred; or High School Diploma/GED and two(2) or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work related experience should consist of a banking operations or financial institution accounting or bookkeeping background.
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
- General banking experience, methods and procedures related to Federal Funds transactions and bank account or general ledger reconciliation.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer (ITI) system; GFX; Fedline terminal; word processing and spreadsheet software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel, etc.).