The position of Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of commercial banking clients who require financial services and products to meet their needs. In addition to being the primary point of contact and key financial advisor for the client, the Senior Relationship Manager is accountable for prospecting new business, retaining and deepening exisitng relationships.
The Senior Relationship Manager analyzes the client’s financial and operating strategies and recommends alternative or additional financial services to best meet the client’s immediate and long-term personal and business needs. The Senior Relationship Manager will have the ability to forge relationships with the appropriate decision makers within the client company.
The Senior Relationship Manager is also responsible for leading, directing and coordinating key extended team members in the analysis and execution in the effective delivery of their products and services to clients and prospects. The Senior Relationship Manager is expected to consistently network in the community and with centers of influence. In addition, requires management of all Client Management Process, credit and Treasury Management products.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations
- Compiles and analyzes market research data to develop recommendations regarding products and services focused on needs of target market.
- Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business based on the target market.
- Calls and visits target customers to promote and sell Bank products and services to establish a new book of business.
- Develops and maintains customer data base including calls and results on all new business relationships. Makes reports to superiors as required.
- Interviews prospective applicants and requests specified information related to loan or credit application; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Performs basic pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Gathers all information necessary to present a financing request to senior management or Loan Committee for approval; meets with new/potential customers; visiting sites of loans; negotiates loan terms and conditions; refers and recommends acceptance to the Chief Credit Officer or Loan Committee.
- Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within the Relationship Manager’s portfolio.
- Maintains a superior knowledge of financial industry status and trends.
- Recommends to senior management those products and services experiencing less than satisfactory performance.
- Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank’s image and develop additional business; assists the Bank in establishing and maintaining market position in the financing arena.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (Business, Finance or Economics preferred) and five (5) or more years of related experience and/or training; or a combination of experience and education.
- Work related experience must consist of a Commercial Lending background, Business Development, Commercial Credit and Portfolio Management experience in the commercial banking or middle market sector.
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
- Knowledge and experience in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Intermediate knowledge of Bank lending procedures, Bank policies and procedures, and the Bank’s products and services.
- Extensive knowledge in all facets of relationship management. Must be able assess and analyze financial conditions of clients and the industry trends.
- Capable of organizing, facilitating, leading and negotiating internally and with clients to solve issues
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Intermediate skills in word processing and spreadsheet software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.