We are looking for an SBA Underwriter, who will go the extra mile to make sure our clients have the best chance of succeeding. Our ideal banker is someone who wants to be more than just a banker. They want to be a valued partner to some of the most innovative businesses in the country. We provide uniquely flexible financing solutions to companies in a wide variety lines of business.
- Source prospects and develop new customer relationships
- Analyze creditworthiness, structure and negotiate loan transactions, prepare loan proposals, and present credits to the loan committee for approval
- With assistance of credit analysts, prepare credit write-ups which are complete and adhere to Bank standards
- Maintain an effective calling program on customers, prospects and referral sources
- Identify cross-sell opportunities and make appropriate referrals
- Complete understanding of internal Bank departments/process in order to complete banking functions
- Accept special projects in support of the team and community involvement
- Minimum of 5 years Banking/Accounting/Finance experience required with emphasis on SBA lending
- Understand and follow BSA/AML/OFAC policy and procedures as applicable to job function and promptly report suspicious activity when identified
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with particular skills in Excel, ITI, One Point, etc
- Minimum of BS/BA in Business, Finance, Accounting or comparable degree
- Clear understanding of Bank and SBA loan policies, procedures and regulations
- Clear understanding of financial statements analysis along with strong accounting skills
- Manage client relationships with varying degrees of complexity
- Ability to underwrite transactions/updates/action plans of client accounts with varying degrees of complexity
- Strong communication and collections skills
- Proactively monitor accounts/problem accounts by using appropriate and timely reporting
- Understand loan documentation including funding request, Business Finance Agreements, UCC perfection, etc.
- Develop new business as required. Cross-sell other bank products and services
- Excellent client service skills.