Great opportunity to join our Commercial Banking Team! The Middle Market segment of the Commercial Bank serves public and private companies with annual revenues of $50 million to $2 billion.
The Middle Market Banking group serves middle market companies and institutions with annual revenues up to $2 billion. The Relationship Manager (RM) is responsible for managing a portfolio of middle market relationships who need financial services and products to meet their needs. In addition to being the primary bank advocate and key financial advisor for the relationship, the RM is accountable for prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships. The RM will have the ability to engage in dialogue with CEO and CFO levels regarding the clients industry and alternative capital structures. The RM will then assess the risks and impacts from both the clients and the banks perspective for development and implementation of an overall client strategy. The RM is also responsible for leading, directing and coordinating key team members in analysis and execution in the effective delivery of their products and services to clients and prospects. The RM must be well versed in all Bank of America products and services for proper identification of cross-selling opportunities. Proven track record of prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships. Proven sales skills and experience, including planning, execution and follow up of client meetings. Must be able to assess and analyze financial conditions of a middle market relationship and industry trends. Ability to understand and interpret financial statements, especially cash flow statements. Position may be filled as a Sr. RM or RM depending on candidate level of experience. This role requires 5-10 years’ experience in Commercial Lending. Office location is St. Louis, MO.
- Must have 5 to 10 years’ experience in Commercial Lending.
- Demonstrates management of an extensive portfolio of middle market clients with revenues greater than $25 million and the ability to successfully manage portfolio.
- Proven track record of prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships.
- Professional proven sales skills and experience, including planning, execution and follow up of client meetings.
- Ability to understand and interpret the principles of accounting and finance.
- Financial modeling experience and the completion of a formal credit training is required.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Capable of organizing, facilitating, leading and negotiating with team of bank associates to solve client problems.
- Series 7, 63 (Must obtain series 7 & 63 license within 180 days of start date).
- Undergraduate degree preferred: Majors in business, finance or economic preferred. MBA desirable.
- Existing knowledge of the market preferred.
- Active member/participation in local community organizations.