The Compliance Audit Manager contributes to BMTC’s success both directly and as an Audit Leader. The Audit Manager personally performs audits of the company’s governance, risk and control policies, processes and procedures to assess compliance and identify opportunities for improvement. In addition to reporting on the design and implementation of financial, operational and compliance reporting controls, the Audit Manager adds value by proposing recommendations for improvement based on best practices. As an Audit Leader, this contributor mentors junior staff, adds to the knowledge capital of the audit activity, reviews the audit programs and work of both internal and contracted auditors and manages the interaction between contracted auditors and BMTC business management.
This position will be based in Havertown, PA.
- Support the Chief Audit Officer in the completion of the Audit Risk Assessment, the development of the Annual Audit Plan and the updates of audit programs and tools.
- Execute the assigned audits and tests by performing and documenting the completion of required procedures, analyzing results and reviewing potential findings and recommendations with the Chief Audit Officer. Lead all client meetings on assigned audits and serve as a resource to junior staff.
- Serves as the day-to-day liaison with co-sourcing partners by facilitating communication between the external firms and BMTC businesses, approving their audit programs and reviewing engagement work papers and reports.
- Continually advance personal and group professional development by seeking out relevant webinars and learning experiences to advance knowledge of relevant regulations, application of professional standards and job-related skills. Serve as the training coordinator for the audit activity.
- Updates all audit programs for compliance audits to ensure that all changes in regulations and the regulatory environment are reflected in the relevant plans and programs.
- Represents and advocates the audit activity both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline required. Accounting, audit or finance majors preferred. Graduate degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 5-10 years of audit experience with 3-5 years in bank compliance within the banking practice of a public accounting / professional services firm or within a bank.
- 2-3 years of supervisory or vendor management experience is preferred.
- Holds certification as a CIA, CAMS or CRCM or commitment to attain at least one of the above within the first year of employment.
- Detailed knowledge of banking regulations required. Competence in trust regulations preferred.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint required. Familiarity with an audit management application preferred.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with commitment to time and quality goals.