Loan Support Team Lead supervises the Lending Relationship Specialists and monitors work-flow processes to ensure loan operations activities run smoothly and efficiently. In addition to performing supervisory responsibilities, the Team Lead regularly performs the duties and activities of a Loan Support Officer and services assigned customer accounts. Actively facilitates communicating on status of loan production work-flow with the Loan Support Operations Manager, lenders and loan production staff. Assists the Loan Operations Support Manager in streamlining and improving operations processes.
The Loan Support Team Lead typically supervises a small group of employees (1-5).
- Monitors the loan production process to ensure the accuracy, completeness and quality of loan documentation.
- Directly supervises loan production staff and coordinates work assignments to maintain consistent work flow processes.
- Serves as primary point of contact for loan production staff to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Completes loan documentation preparation and review.
- Reviews loan requests prepared by loan officers to ensure completeness and accuracy with attention to compliance with laws, regulations and Bank lending policies and procedures.
- Provide supervision to and directs the activities of the loan production staff; performs supervisory tasks such as performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and interviewing candidates for employment; develops work schedules, provides necessary training and coaching.
- Assists Loan Operations Manager on loan quality reporting, audit material preparation, and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and university and 5 or more years of related experience or a combination of education and work experience.
- Or a high school diploma and 8 or more years of related experience, education and/or training.
- Advanced knowledge of lending regulations, loan documentation, loan boarding and closing procedures, title and insurance policies required.
- Knowledge of loan types including specialty lending- hypothecation, mortgage warehouse, syndication, municipal and homebuilder finance/borrowing base administration are a plus.
- Advanced experience knowledge and training in all lending activities and terminology.
- Intermediate computer operational skills required.
- Previous experience supervising a small group of employees desired.