The Collector II is responsible for performing commercial collection activities in the Factoring Department; contacts customers; collects outstanding accounts receivables from our client’s customers (other businesses); follows up on past due accounts; resolves collection problems to try to maintain the portfolio’s DSO (days sales outstanding) as low as possible; sends out past due statements; and utilizes various techniques to promptly resolve client/ customer issues; credit investigations may also be performed. Candidate will also assist customers and clients over the phone to answer questions and resolve issues.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent and one (1) to three (3) years of experience in Commercial Collections, or related Financial Services; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Factoring experience, Accounting & Collection training preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to interact with customers nationwide.
- Computer knowledgeable in MS Software, (e.g. Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.